Applications for grant awards

The High Point University Undergraduate Research and Creative Works Program is committed to encouraging and supporting high quality undergraduate research and creative projects. To that end, the University has made funds available to support student and faculty mentor travel to present research or creative work, participate in competitions or performances, and to support work in progress.

Student and Faculty Travel Grants

– Grant to support travel to present research or creative works at conferences –

Students and faculty are encouraged to apply for funding to support travel to give oral or poster presentations on research or creative works, attend a competition where they will perform or present creative works, and for students to attend conferences as an observer that will help them gain new skills or information needed for doing undergraduate research.


Scholarly Interdisciplinary Research Grant (SIRG)

– Grant to support research involving 2 or more separate fields –

SIRG is a new Undergraduate Research and Creative Works (URCW) grant award for an undergraduate research project that involves at least two separate scholarly disciplines. Students are encouraged to apply for funding of up to $1,000 to support carrying out an interdisciplinary undergraduate research project. Interdisciplinary research is defined as “a mode of research by teams or individuals that integrates information, data, techniques, tools, perspectives, concepts, and/or theories from two or more disciplines or bodies of specialized knowledge to advance fundamental understanding or to solve problems whose solutions are beyond the scope of a single discipline or area of research practice.” (Facilitating interdisciplinary research. National Academies. Washington: National Academy Press, p. 2. 2004)


Small Project Support Grants

– Grant that provides starting money for small research projects –

Small awards are available to support student research projects by providing seed money needed for the project or creative work, or to support any other legitimate purpose that encourages undergraduate research or creative works in their area.


Additional Forms

Please visit HERE to access all of the necessary forms that must be submitted with each of the above awards applications.