The doctoral degree program in Educational Leadership is a practitioner-based, professional experience that focuses on the practices transformational leaders need to create educational systems that are grounded in research, are culturally responsive, strategic, and which ultimately improve student learning. The 60-hour program of study reflects the visionary thinking needed for leadership in today’s 21st century educational organizations. It emphasizes effective leadership including strategic planning, using data to make instructional improvements, building a culture of trust and understanding how theory guides the educational leader to solve problems of practice. Graduate courses will be delivered using an Executive Cohort model which is designed to accommodate the working professional, emphasizes problem-based learning, action research, and field-based projects using authentic school district data and artifacts.
Admission Terms: Fall (August) Only
Deadlines for Application Materials:
For Fall 2021 admission consideration, all application materials must be received by the final deadline of June 30, 2021.
High Point University has established rigorous admission requirements for the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership. Applicants to the program would therefore be expected to submit the following:
- A completed online application submitted through High Point University Graduate School.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all college coursework excluding High Point University, a minimum GPA of 3.0 for the earned Master’s degree is required; The earned Master’s degree must be in professional education (or related field) from a regionally accredited university. If you have attended High Point University you must include it on your application. The Graduate School will request that transcript for you once application is submitted.
- All professional School Administration/Teaching or other professional licenses (if applicable)
- A current curriculum vita outlining significant leadership activities and involvement in professional organizations, professional presentations, or district-level initiatives
- Three professional or academic reference reports
- Written essay addressing previous research, work, and life experiences which have prepared you for the Doctor of Education program at High Point University.
Exceptions to any admission requirement may be considered under special circumstances.