Office of the University Registrar

VA Educational Benefits

The VA Certifying Official (Mrs. Ashley Darr) at High Point University is located in the Office of the University Registrar in Roberts Hall, Suite 101.

If you are a new student and would like to start receiving benefits, the first step is to start the application process with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Details regarding the application process can be found at You may also reach the VA by calling 1-888-442-4551. The VA is your best point of contact for questions concerning benefit payment amounts and questions regarding specific eligibility.

Once the VA application process is complete, the following paperwork will need to be submitted to the VA Certifying official (Ashley Darr) via mail, email attachment, fax or in person.
Roberts Hall: Suite 101

*Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
Note: The COE will be mailed to you after the application for benefits has been processed.

Current Students

Enrollment Changes:

  • If at any time your enrollment changes (withdraw/drop/add a course), it is required that the student contact the Certifying Official in writing ( to avoid payment problems. 

Semester Certifications:

  • Certifications of enrollment are completed after the drop/add period of each semester and as long as the student is enrolled/eligible for benefits. Each student will receive notification via High Point University campus email when certifications are complete***

VA Academic Probation and Academic Suspension Policy:

  • When a student is placed on academic probation for one semester the VA is notified and the student will receive notification from the VA in writing.
  • When a student is placed on academic probation for the second consecutive semester the VA is notified and the student is placed on academic suspension by the VA.
  • Students will be suspended from receiving VA Educational Benefits until their cumulative GPA is a 2.0 or higher.
  • After the cumulative 2.0 or higher gpa is earned, certifications for educational benefits may resume.

Yellow Ribbon:

High Point University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program for students who receive 100% of Post 911 benefits.  The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is responsible for determining the level of eligibility for the Post 911 Program.  Only students who are deemed eligible for 100% of Post 911 will be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program. The Yellow Ribbon Program is only available to undergraduate students.

The Yellow Ribbon Program is a matching program between the institution and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Each institution must establish the level of funding they will provide to which the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) matches. At High Point University, we have agreed to provide $4,000 in institutional funding to which the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has agreed to match.

The University does not have access to military records and cannot determine eligibility. All eligibility and payment questions should be directed to the Department of Veterans Affairs
by calling 1-888-GIBILL-1.

Helpful information:
Comparison Tool/Payment Rates
Review current payment rates


Certifying Official:

Mrs. Ashley Darr, Assistant Registrar

336-841-9178 (office phone)
336-888-6365 (fax)

Mailing address:
High Point University
Office of the University Registrar
Attn: Ashley Darr, Drawer #38
One University Parkway
High Point, NC 27268


Our office is located on the first floor of Roberts Hall.

Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday-Friday)

Phone: 336-841-9029
Fax: (336) 888-6365