SuRPS will be returning in Summer 2021! The application for Summer 2021 students will is NOW OPEN with an application deadline of Wednesday, March 3, 2021.
The Wanek School of Natural Sciences in collaboration with the Undergraduate Research and Creative Works office at High Point University is excited to announce the Summer Research Program in the Sciences (SuRPS) for Summer 2021 for students and faculty in the Departments of Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The program will provide an opportunity for faculty mentors and students to work together on undergraduate research projects for eight weeks at High Point University. Housing and meals will be provided for students.
Student can apply through HPU’s Undergraduate and Creative Works which is now available. The deadline for application submission is Wednesday, March 3 @ midnight.
Here is a list of Faculty SuRPS Projects for 2021.
Tentative Timeline for 2021 SuRPS Program
- Friday, February 5: Faculty research proposal title and abstract due
- Monday, February 8: Online student application available
- Wednesday, March 3: Students applications due
- Monday, March 15: Students notified about positions
- Friday, March 26: Students accept/reject SuRPS positions
SuRPS Program Dates: Monday, June 7 – Friday, July 30
- Thursday, July 29: SuRPS Research Symposium Day 1
- Friday, July 30: SuRPS Research Symposium Day 2, Lab clean-‐up, lunch and check out
Questions regarding the research proposal submission and review process can be directed to Brian Augustine (Chair of Chemistry)
SuRPS Final Abstract Archives (2015 – 2018):
|SuRPS 2015 Final Program||SuRPS 2016 Final Program|
|SuRPS 2017 Final Program||SuRPS 2018 Final Program|