Students eligible for alternative formats of textbooks and other printed materials should request an alternative format of their specific textbooks using COMPASS. In compliance with Copyright Laws students must provide proof of purchase or rental of each textbook before receiving an alternative format.
You must work with your Accessibility Specialist and/or the Technology Specialist to determine the best alternative format for your needs.
Textbook information for each class may be accessed through the HPU bookstore web page.
- Select Alternative Formats under the My Accommodations menu on the left side of the COMPASS dashboard. On the Alternative Format page, ensure you are viewing the correct term, i.e. Fall 2021.
- The first section is Alternative Formats Preference. You must select either Accessible PDF/EPUB, Braille, Microsoft Word, or MP3 as your Alternative Format Preference. Otherwise, we will need to contact you to determine the alternative format preference before processing your request.
- Under Request Alternative Formats for (Semester) select the books you are requesting. If your book is not listed or if you have additional reading material that you would like reformatted, please email the Technology Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload a copy of the receipt in the Upload Book Receipt section and attribute it the specific class. We cannot process your request without proof of purchase (or rental) of the textbook.
- When an alternative format of your textbook is obtained it will appear under LIST BOOKS CURRENTLY BEING PROCESSED FOR (Semester) and you will be able to download the book at that time.
- Please email the Technology Specialist at email@example.com to request an accessible format of any additional required reading material.