High Point University prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in its educational programs and activities. High Point University has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints by students alleging discrimination on the basis of disability in any University program or activity. Complaints of discrimination on the basis of disability or questions about High Point University’s compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 should be directed to the 504 Coordinator.


Any students or applicants of admission who believe they have been subjected to discrimination on the basis of disability (or are unsatisfied with accommodations provided by the Office of Accessibility Resources and Services) may file a grievance under this policy. High Point University prohibits retaliation against anyone who files a grievance or cooperates in the investigation of a grievance. The 504 Coordinator should be notified immediately if anyone who has filed a complaint of alleged discrimination, participates in an investigation of such alleged discrimination, or opposes a discriminatory practice or policy believes they have been subject to retaliation.

Students or applicants for admission may file a complaint using the Student Complaint Form on the 504/Accessibility Grievance Procedures web page or by contacting the 504 Coordinator:

Nicole Hundt
504 Coordinator
327 Couch Hall


High Point University has both informal and formal mechanisms in place to resolve concerns about disability discrimination, including but not limited to denial of access to programs, activities, or services, failure to make reasonable accommodations, harassment, or retaliation.

The 504 Coordinator may commence an investigation. In undertaking the investigation, the investigator may interview, consult with, and/or request a written response to the issues raised in the student complaint from any individual the investigator believes to have relevant information, including but not limited to faculty, staff, and students. The complainant will have an opportunity to provide the investigator with information or evidence that the party believes is relevant to their complaint. The investigator will respect the privacy of the party(ies).

The 504 Coordinator will make a recommendation regarding appropriate actions to be taken. The party will be advised in writing of the outcome of the investigation and the rationale for the recommendation. Students can appeal the outcome in the manner outlined in the Procedure for Student Appeals in the Student Complaints Section of the Student Guide to Campus Life.

The individual also may file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education or Office of Civil Rights at any time before, during, or after the University’s 504 grievance process.