For those applicants who consider High Point University their number one college choice, we offer our Early Decision plan. It is a binding agreement in which, if admitted, you agree to withdraw all other college applications and enroll at High Point University for the fall of 2018. Early Decision students have first priority in housing selection and in class registration event sign-up.
Deadline: November 1, 2017
Admissions Response: November 27, 2017
Early Decision II
For those applicants who consider High Point University their number one college choice, and missed the initial Early Decision deadline. Early Decision II is a binding agreement in which, if admitted, you agree to withdraw all other college applications and enroll at High Point University for the Fall of 2018. Early Decision and Early decision II students have first priority in housing selection and in class registration event sign-up.
Deadline: February 1, 2018
Admissions Response: Rolling
For those applicants who consider High Point University one of their top few college choices, we suggest our Early Action plan. It is a non-binding application plan. Early Action students have second priority in housing selection.
Deadline: November 15, 2017
Admissions Response: December 15, 2017
Students not applying under one of our early application plans will be considered under our Regular Decision plan. Student who apply under the Early Decision or Early Action plans will be given priority consideration in the application and scholarship process. Applications received under the Regular Decision plan will be reviewed after January 2, 2018.
Deadline: March 15, 2018 (Applications will continue to be received on a space available basis after this date)
Admissions Response: Rolling past February 1
Freshmen Application Requirements
- Complete and submit your application for admission and all required supporting application forms online at www.highpoint.edu/apply or www.commonapp.org.
- Ask your guidance or college counselor to send your official high school transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or upload to the Common App.
- Ask your guidance or college counselor to complete and submit the Common App’s Counselor Report Form.
- Please provide one letter of recommendation from either your counselor or a teacher.
- Request that the official results of the SAT or ACT be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. High Point University’s SAT code is 5293; the ACT code is 3108.
- At High Point University, we want to know more about you! As a result, we have partnered with ZeeMee. It is a free online program that allows you to bring your application to life. Simply copy and paste your personalized ZeeMee link into your High Point University application where noted. If you would like to set up a link, register at ZeeMee.com. Please note that submitting a ZeeMee profile link is not a requirement and the evaluation of your admissions application will not be delayed as long as all materials are received by the stated deadlines.
**Note: You will not be penalized for the score reporting delay caused by the ACT. HPU will make admissions decisions when we receive your official score(s).**
Please note that all deadlines for applications and supporting documents are postmark or electronic submission deadlines.
High School Academic Recommendations
Applicants are encouraged to pursue a college preparatory curriculum.
|Math||4 units (Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II) *3 units are required|
|Science||3 units (At Least 1 Lab Sciences)|
|Social Studies||3 units (History & Social Sciences)|
|Foreign Language||3 units of the same spoken language *2 units are required|
High Point University does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, or physical condition in the administration of policies and programs involving admissions, educational services, financial aid, or other activities generally provided to undergraduate or graduate students at High Point University.