This program proudly recognizes and awards outstanding high school juniors for their strong, demonstrated interest in HPU, exceptional academic achievement, leadership and remarkable extracurricular involvement. It is a competitive and highly selective program.
To qualify for membership into the Junior Scholars Program, students must meet the following requirements:
Current junior in high school
- If submitting test scores:
- 3.45-4.0 GPA (unweighted 4.0 scale)
- Evidence Based reading & Math SAT Score between 1220-1600 or ACT Score between 25-36
- If not submitting test scores:
- 3.6-4.0 GPA (unweighted on a 4.0 scale)
- Leadership and achievement in one or more of the following activities: an area of academic interest, community service, the arts, athletics, entrepreneurial endeavors or international adventures
- Students interested in the Junior Scholars program must be nominated by their high school counselor or independent educational consultant. The deadline to submit nominations is April 16th, and accepted students will be notified during the summer
Students accepted into the program will be honored at a Junior Scholars luncheon on HPU’s extraordinary campus at an Open House event in the fall. They will receive an initial $2,500 scholarship per year to HPU, and Junior Scholars also have the unique opportunity for non-binding early acceptance to High Point University.
To receive nomination link, please contact:
Analee Henley, Director of the Junior Scholars Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org