Skip to Main Content

Requests for Documents Supporting Academic and Housing Accommodations

The Office of Counseling Services can only consider requests for letters of support for housing accommodations or academic accommodations for those clients who are under our care.

The Office of Counseling Services encourages students who are seeking documentation who have not been under the care of our office to consider requesting letters of support from mental health professionals or medical providers who have been involved directly in their health care.

Requests for Emotional Support Animal (ESA)

The Office of Counseling Services does not offer documentation to support requests for individuals seeking ESAs.

Students who are interested in obtaining documentation in support of an ESA may seek this documentation from a prior qualified medical professional or mental health provider in the community. The Office of Accessibility Resources and Services provides information on how students may request an ESA accommodation.