Admissions Freshmen Class Profile
Meet the High Point University Entering Class of 2012!
Applications & Acceptances
- Total Applications Received: 8,200
- Acceptance Rate: 61%
- Freshman Enrolled: 1333
- 78% of this year’s freshmen applied Early Decision or Early Action
- Mid-range SAT scores for entering freshmen: 1010-1190
- Mean SAT score (CR & Math) for entering freshmen: 1106
- Mean ACT Composite score for entering freshmen: 24
- 80% of the students in this year’s class ranked in the top half of their graduating classes.
- Average GPA on a 4.0 scale: 3.33 unweighted
- Students in the Class of 2015 represent 41 states (including Washington, DC) and 9 countries
- Top 10 states by percent of enrolled freshmen:
- North Carolina
- New Jersey
- New York
|American Indian or Alaskan Native||5.7%|
|Asian or Asian-American||1.50%|
|Hispanic or Latin American||2.60%|
Top 10 Intended Majors
- Business Administration
- Exercise Science
- Criminal Justice
- Interior Design
- Human Relations
99% of freshmen live on campus. High Point University’s on campus accommodations include 13 residence halls, including 5 apartment and townhouse communities.
Interesting Facts About the Freshmen Class!
- This incoming class is 1333 strong bringing our total enrollment to the highest in High Points 87 year history.
- There are 40 National Merit Scholars, Valedictorians, Salutatorians and High School Student Government Presidents.
- 416 students in the entering class have Advanced Placement Courses from high school, earning over 2819 credit hours.
- 30 students have earned the distinction of Eagle Scout or Gold Award recipient.
- 40 students have a family member who attended HPU, 7 have a current sibling who is attending HPU and there are 5 sets of twins in the class of 2016.
- There are 14 languages spoken fluently among the class