visit to HPU
Meet the High Point University Class of 2020!
- The Class of 2020 is 58% female and 42% male
- 63% of students graduated from public schools and 37% graduated from private high schools
- 99% of freshmen live on campus
- The average SAT score for all students was 1095 (Math & Critical Reading)
- The average composite score of all students who chose to take the ACT was 24
- The GPA for the class was 3.25 [unweighted]
- Students from states outside of North Carolina make up 79% of the class while 21% are from North Carolina
- The Class of 2020 represents 42 states, plus the District of Columbia and 16 international countries
|Asian or Asian-American||3%|
|Hispanic or Latin American||6%|
- There are 57 Valedictorians, Salutatorians and High School Class and Student Government Presidents and Vice Presidents in the class.
- There are 45 languages spoken fluently among the Class of 2020.
- 418 students have Advanced Placement Courses from high school, earning over 1500 credit hours in 30 different subjects.
- 29 students earned the distinction of Eagle Scout or Gold Award recipient.
- 75 students have family members who attend HPU, or have a current sibling who is attending HPU.
- 21 students traveled the world as People-to-People Ambassadors.
- There are 8 sets of twins and 2 sets of triplets in the Class of 2020.
- The most popular girl’s name among the Class of 2020 is Emily followed closely by Madison and then Olivia.
- The most popular guy’s name among the Class of 2020 is Matthew followed closely by John and then Michael.
- The student traveling the furthest to attend High Point University traveled 7,8,997 miles from Nakhon Pathom, Thailand. While the U.S. student traveling the furthest traveled 2,789 miles from Gig Harbor, Washington.